Your rights as a MedCare patient / client.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Equipment Guides
- Medicare Guides
- Equipment Warranties
- Legal & Safety Information
Table of Contents
MedCare Equipment Company is committed to offering high quality home medical equipment, supplies and services to our patients/clients. We also believe that our patients, their families and caregivers are to be treated with dignity and respect. MedCare Equipment Company takes its role as a home medical equipment company most seriously. As a result, you have the right to:
- Considerate, respectful and competent service.
- Information about our service in a form that you and/or your family can reasonably be expected to understand.
- Appropriate service regardless of your race, color, religion or natural origin.
- Participate in decisions regarding your care.
- Every consideration of privacy concerning your personal medical care program. All information pertaining to your care will be kept confidential.
- Good quality service and high professional standards that is continually maintained and reviewed
- Expect that all personnel are supervised by qualified persons. Supervisor can be contacted by calling 800-503-5554 during regular working hours.
- To have our property treated with respect
- An explanation of any rules and regulations of the company pertaining to your service. This includes the right to be fully informed in advance about the items and services for which you are responsible.
- An explanation of your bill.
- Be informed upon the start of services, of the company mechanism for receiving, reviewing and resolving complaints made by clients. You will not be subject to discrimination by reprisal as a result of filing a complaint.
- Refuse all or part of your care to the extent permitted by law. You will be informed of the possible consequences of such action.
- Recognize the rights of patients to have appropriate assessment for pain management regarding respiratory issues.
- Assess the existence and, if so, the nature and intensity of the pain for respiratory issues.
- Record the results of the assessment in a way that facilitates regular reassessment and follow-up of pain management for respiratory issues.
Additional Options for Concerns
If you feel your concerns are not adequately addressed or would prefer not to discuss issues with MedCare Equipment Company personnel, you may file a compliant with our accreditor, The Complance Team, via their website (www.complianceteam.org) or via phone at 1-888-291-5353.